1 Warranty –DOOR CITY obligation
- Subject to the terms and conditions set out below, items supplied by DOOR CITY are guaranteed by the manufacturer to be of good material and workmanship, free from defects which render them unserviceable or unfit for the use for which they were manufactured. The warranty period for each item is listed in Part
- If DOOR CITY agrees, in its absolute discretion, that an item or part of an item is defective in breach of this warranty, DOOR CITY will repair the defect, or, at its option, replace the item or part of the item. Replacement items or parts of items are supplied unfinished and are warranted remainder of the warranty of the original
- DOOR CITY warrants that any services DOOR CITY supplies to you performed with reasonable care and
- If DOOR CITY agrees, it its absolute discretion, that any services have been performed unsatisfactorily in breach of this warranty, DOOR CITY will supply those services again or pay the cost of having those services supplied
- Orders are made to measure on non-standard product will require a minimum of 50% deposit prior to activation of the order
2 Warranty – Customer obligation
- As soon as items are delivered, you must examine them for noticeable defects and inform DOOR CITY of any broken glass within 24 hours of delivery and any other defects apparent on delivery within 7 days of dispatch by DOOR CITY and before the items are fitted or the first coat of painters ‘finish is applied. Entrance doors should be hung in weather protected areas as per DOOR CITY’s Warranty Card guide.
- You must preserve as far as possible for DOOR CITY’s inspection, items that you claim do not comply with the DOOR CITY warranty and return those items to DOOR CITY promptly at no cost to DOOR CITY
- Immediately after fitting and prior to hanging, you must seal doors on all faces and edges with at least 2 coats of sealing paint or vanish to prevent undue absorption of moisture. Stain, primer and undercoats are not acceptable as sealing
- You must do regular maintenance of the items. In particular, you must examine exterior doors directly exposed to weather regularly and refinish them as necessary to minimise
- You must not repair or replace any item without the prior written consent of DOOR CITY; otherwise DOOR CITY will not be liable to reimburse
3 Limitation of Liability
- Subject to clause 3.2, clause 1 sets out the full extent of DOOR CITY’s obligations and liability to you with the respect to the items and services supplied to you and all other liabilities, warranties, conditions or terms whether express or implied by statute or general law are expressly
- DOOR CITY does not exclude, restrict or modify any statutory right you have or statutory liability of DOOR CITY which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified or which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified except to a limited extent, including rights and liabilities under Part V of the Trade Practices Act, 1974 (Cth) or corresponding State legislation .However, where such statutory rights and liabilities apply, to the extent to which DOOR CITY is entitled to limit its liability or your rights, your rights and DOOR CITY’s liability are limited at DOOR CITY option to:
- In the case of goods, any or more of the following:
- The replacement of the goods or supply of equivalent goods;
- The repair of the goods or supply or equivalent goods;
- The repair of the goods;
- The payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- The payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and
- In the case of goods, any or more of the following:
188.8.131.52.1 In the case of services: Supplying the service again, or The payment of the cost of having the service supplied again.
- DOOR CITY does not warrant that the items are fit for any particular purpose or intended use by you and you must satisfy yourself that the items are so
- DOOR CITY will not be liable under the DOOR CITY warranty unless you satisfy DOOR CITY that you have complied with the obligations set out in clause 2 and any instructions of DOOR CITY relating to the items or services.
- DOOR CITY accepts no liability to damage to any item fitted or stored in damp, moist of freshly plastered
- As variations in colour, grain and texture are characteristics of timber, they are not considered to be defects and DOOR CITY accepts no liability for colour or grain matching,
- As minor shrinkage and swelling of components, particularly raised panels, are characteristics of wood, they are not considered defects and DOOR CITY accepts no liability
- DOOR CITY accepts no liability for any warp which does not exceed 5mm for doors up to 2100mm x 920mm, 6mm for doors over 2100mm x 920mm and up to 2340mm x 920mm, and 8mm for doors up to 2340mm x 1200mm, being the minimum considered a defect under applicable Australian Standards. Doors in excess of 2340mm x 1200mm are not guaranteed against warp. The term warp refers to distortion within the door itself, not in relation to the jambs or frame in which it is attached
- The DOOR CITY warranty does not apply to claims for warp where the door is not hung properly or does not swing freely or for an external door painted in dark colours as per LRV standards
LRV: Door that are light reflective colours (White—LRV approximate 5); are recommended for Entry Doors this will reduce the possibility of the door twisting, warping or bowing due to weather, heat or sunlight. Dark colours may void the Door City warranty if their reflective rating is below 50 LRV may not be warrantied. The same colour / stain should be used on all six surfaces to prevent warping
- Where under the DOOR CITY warranty an item is to be replaced or repaired, the liability of DOOR CITY will be limited to replacement with an unfinished equivalent item to repair to unfinished
- To the extent permitted by law and subject only to any express exceptions contained in the DOOR CITY Warranty, DOOR CITY will not be liable for physical or financial injury, loss or damage or for consequential loss or damage of any kind arising out of the supply, assembly, installation or operation of the items or the supply of the services or arising out of negligence by DOOR CITY or in any way
- Doors that are installed in a fully exposed situation including opening out doors will not be warranted unless there is adequate overhead as per guild.
4. The title to all products will remain the property of DOOR CITY until full payment is received.
Doors 2 years limited to the purchaser and not transferable
Tracks 2 years
Timber Framing 2 years
Glass No warranty (Unless reported within 24 hours of delivery) Door Furniture (hinges, etc) 2 years
Handles/Locks vary as per manufacturer.
Labour Component of Fitting 3 months
Staining or painting 12 months (limited to the conditions door is exposed to)
4 Cancellation of Order
- As DOOR CITY starts processing your order promptly after you place it, a cancellation of the whole or part of you order will cause loss to DOOR
- Because of this, if you cancel the whole or part of you order for any reason that is not based on a statutory right or a warranty claim, DOOR CITY reserves the right to deduct from any refund or credit due to you 15% of the price of the cancelled part of the order
- DOOR CITY will accept such a cancellation only if you notify DOOR CITY prior the first dispatch date of your
4.4. Custom made doors or windows can only be cancelled or amended within 24 hours of placing order.
5 Advisory Note.
Considerable damage can occur during the delivery of doors in particular country locations. “Special Packaging” is recommended and can be purchased at an extra cost in an attempt to prevent transit damage. DOOR CITY is not responsible for any transit damage. Goods signed for on pick up or delivery will be deemed as received in good order unless stated on the delivery or pick up docket.
5 Quick Note .
Doors that are installed in fully exposed areas including opening out doors will not be warranted unless there is sufficient overhead protection (see table below):
6 Timber is a natural material and colour, texture and grain variation can occur. These are not considered defects.